Sunday, September 15, 2013

Origami

So yesterday I got a number of house hold jobs done.  I got black out curtains up, a small glass shelf and one really big shelf up above the bed.  I've been trying to get these things done for so long that I am actually a little embarrassed as to how quickly it went.  It is done!  Several bonus points for me!  Then I went on a Full Metal Alchemist anime marathon and wasted half the day.  Oh well.  :)

Throughout the day I indulged in one of my favourite hobbies, origami.  A while a ago I made a new kind of flower.  It was simple, strong yet pretty.



Then I decided it would be fun to make as a flower ball.  Twelve flowers later I had this.



But it looked hollow inside so I wanted to create a special kind of three-d star inside called an omega star. I had to go over the instructions again to figure out how to make it.  First attempt came out alright.



Then I found a modular version of the instructions and I tried that.




Then I decided to use some special paper.



That was too small so I made the next size up.



That was too big.  Looking everything over I was surprised to find that the first star actually looked the best inside the flower ball.  I didn't have the time to place it in.  Maybe today.  If so I'll post it on the next blog.

There are always so many different things I want to try.  Youtube has so many different forms.  I find that for every four or five I try I find one really worth while.  Each of these takes time.  If it is modular, then it takes a lot more time.  It is so worth it!  Origami is the gift meant to be given away.  The reason for this is that the real gift is the look of surprise/amazement/wonder that flashes on everyone's face when they first see a new piece.  I love origami!

No comments:

Post a Comment